Texas Rotation
- Debriefing – The best way I can share with you how last Thursday’s regional went is to send you excerpts from an email I received from BVA Chief of Operations Evan this morning:
To begin with, I'd like to start by commending you and a number of your team on their professional conduct and excellent flying in-session last night. While I had to repeat instructions quite frequently (and almost once to every single flight), I understand the difficulty of flying with ATC and trying to mentor students/co-pilots.
Andrew (PG158) and Branden (blopez224) displayed their usual high-quality, professional airmanship. I was specifically impressed with Ian (Ianlis) who I thought performed exceptionally well in the face of technical difficulties. He was able to accept two mid-air re-routes, altitude changes, and responded to everything with a great deal of professionalism. I was very impressed. Bill (wrb359) did a fine job last evening, and Jim (digipic) also flew well.
Andrew (PG158) and Branden (blopez224) displayed their usual high-quality, professional airmanship. I was specifically impressed with Ian (Ianlis) who I thought performed exceptionally well in the face of technical difficulties. He was able to accept two mid-air re-routes, altitude changes, and responded to everything with a great deal of professionalism. I was very impressed. Bill (wrb359) did a fine job last evening, and Jim (digipic) also flew well.
From the standpoint of a controller in this scenario, I quite enjoyed the event. Without the technical glitch midway through, I would have been sweating. As it was, however, we had plenty of pilots for every controller, and I believe the online ATC quite enjoyed that opportunity.
I look forward to next week! Thanks again for putting this together for everyone, and please pass my comments along to the specific pilots who I remember did well: Ian, Branden, Connor, Andrew, Jim, Dan, and Bill. If there were others, they probably did just as well and I forgot about them. Of course, you're on the super fantastic list as usual.
Congratulations all and thank you for your hard work, professionalism and dedication.
In discussing further with Evan it seems that the technical glitches we had with the server were likely “a once a year sort of occurrence” due to the number of jets all logging on at 8:30. On the one hand, thank you all for logging on promptly. On the other hand, perhaps if you are able to log your aircraft on to the server earlier than 8:30 it may help to reduce the spike in demand caused by all the UAL aircraft signing on which may in turn help reduce glitches.
- OpNote003 – If you are not already aware, you can safely disregard the changes to dispatch discussed in OpNote003. Dispatch will be as usual in the future. However the concept of the Targeted Arrival Time will likely be employed behind the scenes as dispatch is prepared. TAT may also be announced in the future in order to help you plan your flights.
- Gate Listings – Dan (SoloWingDemon) flew with us on Thursday and has graciously offered to update all the New England jetport sceneries with the proper and official UAL gates. Once we have determined once and for all what the proper gates are, Pilots may be asked to update their scenery files.
- Texas Extension – There has been some talk of extending the Texas Getaway another week. If that is the case, next week’s Regional will take place in Texas again.

No comments:
Post a Comment